Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First attempt at a mosaic!!

I am so stoked, I finally attempted and completed my first ever mosaic!


Here's the story...my sister has just bought her first house, and I have her and her partner for our family Kris Kringle. Since the Kris Kringle rules are that all presents must be handmade or secondhand I thought something for their new house would be appropriate.
The mosaic house number idea came from some very dear friends of mine who live a couple of hours away. Last time we visited they showed us their beautiful mosaics and I knew I had to give it a go...Steve and Lisa are wonderful people and a huge inspiration to me.
So, of course I left it to the last minute, but it is done and I am surprisingly quite happy with it.
Now, hopefully my sister won't check out my blog until after Christmas...he, he...

1 comment:

  1. looks great I have done a few of them but found it too hard to do with the kids around (I use glass). Well done

    ReplyDelete